|Eye Color:||Green or Black|
|Address:||120 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom, Pacific Ocean|
|Aliases:||Patricia, The Elastic Waistband, King Patrick, Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick, The Pink Patty|
|Family & Friends|
|Family:||Herb (father)Margie (mother)
Sam (Half Sister)
Gary The Snail (cousin)
|Friends:||SpongeBob SquarePants (best friend forever)Raarg
Squidward Tentacles (sometimes)
Eugene H. Krabs
Gary the Snail
Sheldon J. Plankton (sometimes)
Larry the Lobster
Flats the Flounder
Jeffrey The Jellyfish (to his dismay)
|Pet(s):||Gary (Dumped)Rocky (The Great Snail Race)Pete|
|Employer:||Mr. Krabs (in various episodes)|
|Enemies:||Plankton (sometimes)Squidward Tentacles (sometimes)|
|Education:||Bikini Bottom Elementary School|
Mrs. Puff's Boating School (briefly)
|Awards:||"Doing absolutely nothing longer than anyone else" award
The Bikini Bottom Dance-A-Thon
|First appearance:||"Help Wanted"|
Who are you people?!
Patrick Seastar is the deuteragonist of SpongeBob SquarePants. He is SpongeBob's best friend. He is a dim-witted yet, pleasant Starfish. Patrick is quite overweight and loves to eat ice cream and many other foods. He resides under a rock. SpongeBob and Squidward are his neighbors. Patrick has a big sister named Sam Seastar. He is the third character to appear in the SpongeBob series, behind Squidward with 278 apperances and SpongeBob with 332 appearances.
Patrick is portrayed as overweight, lazy, unmannerly, unintelligent, and generally ignorant. Unlike most of the other main characters of the series, Patrick lacks a nose. Because of this, he generally cannot smell (such as in "Something Smells" in which SpongeBob has bad breath). However, in the episode, "No Nose Knows", Patrick receives a nose through plastic surgery. However, when Patrick tries to get rid of every bad smell, SpongeBob, Squidward, Mr. Krabs and Sandy deform Patrick's nose by building a giant ball of trash and sewage. In Season 1, due to unsteady animation, his eyebrows were thin and in the shape of a couple of Ms. Beginning in Season 2, his eyebrows were slightly thicker and shaped like Zs. In several episodes, Patrick is shown to variously have a full set of teeth, a single tooth, and sometimes none at all. Patrick's intelligence is generally low, although it varies from episode to episode.
In some episodes, Patrick has trouble with even the most rudimentary tasks and displays little common sense or intelligence.
In Patrick SmartPants, Patrick began to be intelligent and smart after he falls of a cliff.
Other times he can appear almost brilliant, and is prone to fits of temporary intelligence which confuse the other characters. In the episode "Tentacle Vision", Squidward asks Patrick "Just how dumb are you?" to which Patrick replies "It varies". In earlier episodes, Patrick appeared to be somewhat more intelligent, often making profound comments and often being very articulate.
Patrick seems to detect malice and sarcasm more easily than SpongeBob, indicating that he is more attentive or emotionally connected than other characters. He also displays witty banter at times and often can be sarcastic. He is generally well intentioned but often inadvertently causes trouble both for himself and also his friends.
In "Rule of Dumb", Patrick was discovered to be of royal blood and briefly reigned as King of Bikini Bottom. The true heir to the throne turned out to be Gary The Snail, who is revealed to be Patrick's cousin.
Patrick is a pink starfish. He usualy wears green shorts with purple flowers on him. (Just like the ones in the sky) He also in the movie wears a goofy goobers hat. Also in the movie it revealed that he wears goofy goobers underwear. In one episode patrick wears yellow pants with green stripes through them. He also wears a green shirt with yellow stripes through them.Also one episode he wears a I'm with stupid shirt and a My Best Friend shirt. He was also wearing cufflings in the epiosde Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle.
Patrick lives under a rock, literally, on 120 Conch Street, two doors down from his best friend, right next to Squidward and 400-yards away from the Krusty Krab. His address is shown on his ID licenses, one from Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III and Driven to Tears. The home's exterior is featureless, apart from a small yellow weather vane, which is shown falling off on numerous occasions. In some episodes the rock has nothing under it, but in some you can see his house like in Patrick's Staycation, The Donut of Shame, No Nose Knows, and other episodes.
Patrick is sometimes shown to sleep on the ceiling of his rock, although far more often he is shown sleeping in a traditional bed. Patrick spends much of his day sleeping under his rock. There are many inconsistencies in the depictions of his house due to the nature of the cartoon and utility treatment of backgrounds: in one episode, his house is depicted to be nothing but a bed and a chest of drawers, yet in others he appears to have a kitchen and a living room. Also, certain episodes tend to depict the surface below the rock to be completely flat, while in others there is a considerable amount of depth below it. Patrick claims to have built the house himself. In 'New kish in town', he rents his front yard.
As Nickelodeon says of Patrick's house in a commercial bumper: "What's really beneath this famous rock? The home of Patrick Star. While the outside never changes, a closer look inside reveals that Patrick's house is never set in stone. Sometimes, there's just sand. Other times, there's a small den. Occasionally, there's a large master bedroom. And there's the Multi-Room Complex featuring an eat-in kitchen, arched doorways, and a hi-def TV. Rock on!"
Patrick's Family Members / RelativesEdit
- Main article: Patrick and Gary's family
Herb and Margie Star, Patrick's parents. Herb Star is Patrick's father and Margie's husband. He is the son of Billy Bob Star and Maw Titter. He made is debut in the episode, "I'm with Stupid", when he and Margie went to visit Patrick for Starfish Day. It was then revealed on a family tree in the episode, "Rule of Dumb" that his name is Herb. Herb, like his wife, is quite overweight. He has a large walrus mustache and he also is pink, just like the rest of the Star family. His pants are the same as Patrick's but his top has a slightly lighter color of purple with green stars. Herb is voiced by Thomas F. Wilson. Possibly. In "I'm with Stupid", Janet and Marty both claimed themselves to be Patrick's parents, but they later claimed "Oh, right. We don't have a son" not making them his parents but as dumb as Patrick is.
- Patrick's dad who is voiced by Thomas F. Wilson.
- Patrick's mother who is voiced by Lori Alan.
Gary the SnailEdit
- Main article: Gary the Snail
- Gary "the Snail" Wilson, Jr. (better known as just Gary) is Sluggo's son and Patrick's cousin and Herb and Margie's nephew.
Other family membersEdit
- Sam Star - Patrick's older long-lost sister who appeared in Big Sister Sam. Patrick said he didn't have a sister in Something Smells, but this may have been because he forgot about her.
- Sluggo the Leech - Gary's father and Patrick's uncle and Herb Star's brother, he was seen in Dunces and Dragons and Rule of Dumb.
- Billy Bob Star - Sluggo and Herb's father. His wife is Maw Titter. He is Patrick and Gary's grandfather.
- Maw Titter - Sluggo and Herb's mother. Her husband is Billy Bob. She is Patrick and Gary's grandmother.
- Shriek - Maw Titter's father and Princess Tulsa's husband. He is the great-grandfather of Patrick and Gary.
- Princess Tulsa - Maw Titter's mother and Yorick's wife. She is the great-grandmother of Patrick and Gary.
- Prince Callows - Princess Tulsa's brother, a son of Amoeba and Mildew. He is Patrick and Gary's great-granduncle.
- Prince Dingus - Princess Tulsa's other brother, a son of Amoeba and Mildew. He is Patrick and Gary's great-granduncle.
- Carl - Princess Tulsa's other brother, a son of Amoeba and Mildew. He is Patrick and Gary's great-granduncle.
- King Amoeba - Princes Tulsa's, Prince Callows's, Carl's, and Prince Dingus's father and the husband of Queen Mildew. He is Patrick and Gary's great-great-grandfather.
- Queen Mildew - Princess Tulsa's, Prince Callows's, Carl's, and Prince Dingus's mother and the wife of King Amoeba. She is Patrick and Gary's great-great-grandmother.
- Ed Star - Patrick's cousin. He only appeared in the end of the Story Reader book The Never-Ending Stay. He stayed in Bikini Bottom for 14 weeks.
- Patrick Revere - Patrick's great-great-great-granduncle who warned Bikini Bottom about the mollusks.
- Pecos Patrick Star - an ancestor of Patrick who lived in Dead Eye Gulch at the time of SpongeBuck, and his name is an obvious parody of the folktale, "Pecos Bill".
- Prehistoric Gary - Gary's ancestor, comes before the Sluggo the Leech, seen in "Ugh"
- Cletus - Patrick's great uncle who said the famous quote "Let not your heart walk away from you, must your mind grow legs and follow it." however he was later arrested in a freedom march and never seen again.
- Marty and Janet - Patrick's fake father (Marty) and mother (Janet).
SpongeBob is Patrick's best friend. Squidward is usually his friend, but unlike SpongeBob, Squidward isn't Patrick's friend all of the time. He also ows alot of money to Mr.krabs from buying to many free krabby patties.